Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fitness February


Hey guys and gals, I am back from the blogging graveyard. I really hope to keep up with this a little more in 2010. As you know, I am not scared of embarrassing myself on this site and today's post is no exception. To start off, I need to tell you that I am using February to be a total fitness month for me. Since my last post I have continued on my weight loss adventure and am now up to 65 pounds lost. One problem with loosing weight is that you get more active in the gym. For someone still over weight and that hasn't worked out intensely in years, your body has a hard time catching up. My current problem is my lower back and legs. I have seen Chiropractors and even spinal surgeons to find a fix for this problem. I have been doing rehab and specific exercises to help with strengthening my muscles around my spine. This has not been as affective as I would have hoped, due to the stiffness in my legs and hips. If you are a female, you know where I am going next. You men, brace yourself for what you are about to hear. I, Nathan Mankin, took a YOGA class. I know, it's terrible. Not the fact that I took it, but the fact that all of you are picturing me in tights and in a "down face dog" position, that really is terrible. On the flip side, I am sore and still not sure what to think. I am going back tomorrow for round two of this new treatment. I will try to keep you posted on my new Yoga adventure and also with this new nutritional lifestyle I am on, but that is a post all to itself, that's for dern sure!

2 comments:

Forrest Blogs said...

Hmm...tell us again why you are taking YOGA? I don't believe your reasoning.

Chris said...

Much work you have in front of you, young Nathan (oh wait, I thought this was a YODA class).