Saturday, August 9, 2008

Greatest of the Cubs!


Last night we were watching the Olympic opening ceremonies. First of all, I didn't realize how many countries participated in that thing. Emma was getting a kick out of all the countries names, especially Djibouti \jə-ˈbü-tē\ . It made me think about the one time I participated in the Olympics. No really, it's true, I was involved in the 1988 Summer Cub Scout Olympics. I know that does not sound like much and maybe even a little like a joke, but that was 10 grueling events. Each event placed three boys Blue, Red and White ribbons. My first Blue Ribbon was won in the "Hammering Nails" competition. I hammered in 5 nails faster than any boy out there that day. All in all, I ended the day with 3 Blue Ribbons, 4 Red Ribbons and 2 White Ribbons. For you mathematically challenged folks, I placed in 9 of the 10 events. My friend Jeff had 5 Blue Ribbons, but only 6 ribbons all together. I just knew he was going to be the overall champion, after all he finish with more Blue Ribbons than myself. When that lady called my name as overall Cub Scott Olympic champion, I was shocked, but yet ecstatic. Now you know why I have such a good looking wife, that's for dern sure!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Things would have been different if you'd taken the urine test ... I'M SURE OF IT!

Smitty said...

Dude I loved the Cub Scout Olympics! I don't remember it scoring me any chicks though.