Thursday, July 17, 2008

Girls love baseball too!


As I mentioned earlier, one of my loves is baseball. I could watch any two teams play at any level. Having a girl as my only child, I wondered if she would embrace my passion and join me for a game or two. By the grace of God, she does and we do. A few weeks ago, just Emma and I headed to a game to watch our very own Nashville Sounds. She was so excited to see "the big boys play", not the "little boys" that I coached in Little League. As we walked in to the stadium, "All my Rowdy Friends" was playing on the loud system. My 3 year old daughter looks up at me and I quote, "Ooh, Daddy, I like this song, I need this on my ipod". What has this world come to when a child that still needs help poopin' can download Hank Williams Jr. I am scared to know what my grandchildren will be able to do, that's for dern sure!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Nathan, Nathan, Nathan....what does Miss Pat say about this iPod business?? haha!
(She gave me the link to your blog!)